Introduction to Fusing class - 3 hours:
will be provided with the opportunity to try fused glass, one of the most common
forms of kiln-glass. The workshop will
begin with exercises in glass cutting, including straight and curved
cuts (and circles, if you're ambitious!). We'll
your newfound skills and put them to use designing, cutting and
composing the parts necessary to make a fused and slumped plate or 4
Discussions and demonstrations will cover the basics of kilnforming,
from types of glass and mold materials to kilns and firing schedules.
Fee: $110, includes instruction and materials for a project of your choice (2 kiln firings, and use of equipment, molds). Materials limited to those prepared for class. Additional glass sold by the square inch, minimum 4 square inches, based on the list price of the glass in Bullseye catalog.
Classes are limited to 4 students per class.
Sunday, May 20, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Saturday, June 16, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Saturday, July 21, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Open Studio, by reservation only: $10 per hour, minimum 2 hours
to tools and non-glass supplies. No glass will be provided. Only
glass purchased from Hawaii Kiln Glass may be used to ensure
compatibility. Firing fees and mold rental
charges will apply. Prerequisite: Prior class in kiln-formed
1) $20 per 8" kiln-washed kiln shelf
2) $40 per 20" kiln-washed kiln shelf
3) Mold rental $5 per mold
4) (optional) $5 per sheet Thinfire shelf paper
5) (optional) $5 per square foot fiber paper
Where to Buy
People have been asking how they can
buy stuff from me (or better yet, have their friends and family buy
stuff for them from me!).
Here's where:A Little Bit of Everything (725 Kapiolani Blvd, C111, Honolulu, HI 96813) - Plates, Necklaces, Bracelets, and Candy Rings
Hawaii Fashion Incubator (hifi) COOP (Ward Warehouse, 2nd Floor above T&C Surf) - Necklaces, Candy Rings, Cutie Dishes
- Associated Chinese
University Women's Annual Fashion Show Fundraiser (benefits college
scholarships and community service). See acuwhawaii.org for more info.
- The Bead Gallery's annual Charity Craft Fair (benefits Kapiolani Women's Health). See thebeadgallery.com for more info.
Custom OrderingIf you would like to order a custom piece from me, please email or fax me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 808-356-0468.
Please include the following information in your email:
- What you'd like: a bowl, plate, candle holder, tray, business card holder, sink, wall sconce, etc. If you have a specific shape in mind (e.g. round, square, etc.), please specify.
- Color family that you prefer. If there's a specific color that you're set on, please refer to the Bullseye Glass catalog for color selections at www.bullseyeglass.com and let me know the color code. If you're ordering a sconce or something that need's to match a specific color scheme, please let me know that, too.
- Is this for a special event? I can suggest different things for birthdays vs. weddings vs. anniversary vs. housewarming, etc.
- Is this for a male or female?
- If you'd like Japanese or Chinese characters and already know the characters, please provide them. Otherwise, I'll look up the name/phrase and email it back to you for approval.